Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bare Chested Boys!

Our Bare Chested Bath time Boys!!



Yes...Stefan is our "biggie" and Blake is our "peanut".

Stefan is now 12.3lbs, in the 75th percentile at 10 weeks.

Blake is 26 months and about 23 lbs...below the chart!

We may start dressing them in twin clothes soon!








It makes me cry sometimes looking at Stefan's perfect baby chest to know what is coming with the surgery. This may be one of his last bare chested pictures with out the scar. It is not that I am so worried about a scar, just everything that goes along with it.
I have become friends with a fellow heart mom and this is what she said about her beautiful daughters scar:
"I've come to somewhat admire it - it's the door to her beautiful heart and a "mended heart is a special heart!"

I found that so special and I know I will feel the same way. I just feel a little heart broken myself thinking that our sweet baby has to go through all of this. And as my friend also said, "this scar saved her life". I know the same will be true for Stefan. He is a trooper and the scar will be his badge of honor and courage.



"Ok...enough already Mom, let us boys be boys!!!"

1 comment:

S. Taylor said...

Alright....that post got me. I am not in a sea of tears.
All I know is that your 'heart mom' friend gave you some excellent ways of looking at the upcoming scar.
Plus as my army friend says of his scars..."chicks dig them - they make me look tough"!

xoxoxo